Proposed Trial Changes to Haverstock Hill and Rosslyn Hill
Please sign in to vote.
Camden proposes the following measures:
- New cycle lanes, protected by flexible wands, will be installed on both sides of Haverstock Hill and Rosslyn Hill (between Prince of Wales Road and Belsize Lane).
- On the northbound side, cyclists will have to use the existing bus lane from Belsize Avenue on – the bus lane times will be made 24/7.
- All parking and loading spaces are to be removed from this section of Haverstock and Rosslyn Hill to make space for the cycle lanes. Some will be replaced in side roads.
- All pedestrian refuges at informal crossings are being removed to make room for the cycle lanes. Five of the existing ‘uncontrolled’ crossing points on Haverstock Hill will be replaced with four new zebra crossings and one new signalised crossing .
- Shared use bus boarders will be deployed at the eight bus stops – bus stops will be moved into the carriageway to allow for the cycle lane to continue next to the kerb.
- At the junctions with England’s Lane and Pond Street ‘pedestrian countdown’ facilities, ‘early release’ for bikes and extended ‘Advanced Stop Lines’ will be provided subject to approval from TfL
- Timed loading bays (Mon-Sat 10 am - 2pm) along (on southbound side opposite Steeles Road Haverstock Hill and full time loading bay opposite Belsize Lane.
- If the consultation is agreed, cycle parking will be added at the shopping parades.